Fleck 5600SXT lower valve body replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Duaned

Reaction score
Several years ago I replaced the head on my old (~25 years) Rainsoft system with a Fleck 5600SXT head. Recently it started leaking where it screws into the tank. In changing the o-ring and tightening it down part of the threaded area on the valve body broke off in the tank. Upon inspection I found the some of the tank threads were stripped.

I've purchased a new tank and am trying to figure out what to do about the head. I'd rather not purchase a whole new head and the lower valve body doesn't appear to be available for purchase alone.

I see several other 5600 (not SXT) series heads available that are 1/3 of the cost of a 5600SXT head.

Do all 5600 series heads use the same lower valve body? Can I swap the valves between a SXT and non-SXT head?

Thanks,
Duane

Reach4

Reaction score
It appears that both have 61400-12 .........Valve Body Assy, 5600,
Downflow, w/TOT O-ring shown in the service manual.

Try typing 5600SXT into Ebay, and also try searching for
5600 softner, and sort by price.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks