Fleck 5600 SXT 48k - suggested settings

Users who are viewing this thread

LowEnder

Reaction score
Greetings!

Have been lurking here for a while researching water softeners and settings for a couple of months, and finally bought and installed a new fleck 5600sxt cabinet softener @ 1.5 cubic Ft. (48k).

I currently live alone here, and hardness reported by the city is 22-25 with iron @ .92. I've estimated my hardness setting will be ~30. I did just get in a Hach test, but didn't read about diluting with distilled water until yesterday. So once i pick some up, i can do a test on the raw water to figure out where my hardness is really at.

I have oversized this unit a little bit for a few reasons. first is i hope to be able to add another full bathroom on the top floor (if i live here long enough to save that kind of dough.. lol), and second is when I do eventually sell this place, im guessing it will be to a couple or small family. lastly, since there is iron in the water, im hoping the larger amount of resin will help it last a little longer and help a little more with the iron (i know it doesn't remove it completely). anyways.. :)

so, with only one person in the house what kind of settings should i be looking at in order to improve salt efficiency while keeping the water as soft as possible without the unit using 22.5 lbs of salt per regen (according to the mfg specs)? ive read here somewhere between 6-8 lbs seems to be the sweet spot for most?

You guys have already been super helpful as I educate myself of softeners for the first time.

many thanks in advance!

edit, adding current settings:

.5 gpm (according to the sticker next to brine well line)

df=gal
vt=df1b
ct=fd
nt=1
c=43(x1000)
h=30
rs=rc
rc=150
do=14
rt=2am
bw=10
bd=60
rr=10
bf=12
fm=p0.7

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I currently live alone here, and hardness reported by the city is 22-25 with iron @ .92. I've estimated my hardness setting will be ~30. I did just get in a Hach test, but didn't read about diluting with distilled water until yesterday. So once i pick some up, i can do a test on the raw water to figure out where my hardness is really at.
If it turned blue at drop 30, that is OK to indicate 30 grains of hardness. Taking into account "high hardness compensation" bump that up to 35. I am using less salt in these settings. If you want softer water while using more salt, say so.

following changes C to compensate for brine fill rounding.
System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft = 7 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC = 0.5 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin = 1.5 ; ft3 resin = (nominal grains)/32,000
Compensated hardness = 35 ; including any compensation
People = 1 ; gallons affects reserve calc
Estimated gal/day = 60 ; 60 gal per person typical calc
Estimated days/regen = 15.74 ; Computed days including reserve

Fleck 5600SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = dF1b ; Downflw/, Single Backwash, black cam
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
NT = 1 ; Number of tanks
C = 33 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 35 ; Hardness-- compensate if needed
RS = rc ; rc says use gallons vs percent
RC = 60 ; Reserve capacity gallons
DO = 30 ; Day Override (30 if no iron)
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
BW = 5 ; Backwash (minutes)
Bd = 60 ; Brine draw minutes
RR = 5 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 7 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = ____0.7 ; https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/img_fleck5600sxt_flow-png.31592/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks