Fleck 5600 Econominder Meter cover replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Blueair

Reaction score
My Fleck 5600 Econominder capacity wheel not rotating, did few checks:

1. the cable securely connected at the valve head side
2. With the cable disconnected from the meter cover, the cable move the program wheel

so i guess I might need to replace the Meter Cover, but my i can’t find exact the same cover as my old one, can I just replace it with Meter Cover Standard Black - 14038 (https://www.softenerparts.com/fp14038.htm)

thanks in advance
39A74CA9-4BC6-4AC2-A34E-D5B4B2C82A40.jpeg

C41208CD-45F7-44A6-80A9-75BC751A1E0E.jpeg

7C6518BE-CDD2-4474-B436-8ED1BECE9E35.jpeg

Bannerman

Reaction score
That meter cover appears that it may be suitable for use with both mechanical and digital control valves.

Since your 5600 Econominder is a fully mechanical version, the Standard Black cover that you linked, will be suitable.

Also, inspect your existing drive cable as the metal tip that plugs into the meter cover has been known to become partially detached from the cable, thereby resulting in the tip rotating without transferring rotational force to the cable.

Blueair

Reaction score
A little update: I have been keeping eyes on the meter, actually the water capacity wheel still rotating, just really slowly. 3 days it only move about 100 gallons. I am sure we use more than 100 gallons water in three days. So does that mean the meter cover is somehow jammed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks