Fleck 5000 sxt pro flow questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
So for each 3 lb of salt would that be 1.155 gal through the Brine Flow Control?
For each 3 lb of salt would that be 1.00 gal through the Brine Flow Control during brine fill. It would be 1.155 gal coming back from the brine tank during the brine draw stage.

Brine filling stops when the brine in the tank is gone, and the rest of the 60 minutes (if BD=60) is called slow rinse.... but the controller did nothing different as the system switched from drawing brine to slow rinsing-- it is just that the air check valve closed off because the brine was sucked out already. Yes, there will be a little brine still in the brine tank, but that residual is a constant amount based on the height of the air check valve, geometry of the tank, and the displacement of a salt grid if there is one.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Due to water temperature variations, we simply estimate that 1 gallon = 3 pounds of salt (Sodium Chloride). This calculation does not work for Potassium Chloride.

CRB

Reaction score
Reach,

Thanks so much for your patience with me. Now I get it... finally! I was making more complicated than it needed to be, sorry. I'm really getting a great education from you and Dittohead. So let me try one more time... in my 12 min Brine Fill cycle I put 3 gal of water (.25 gal/min X 12) in the salt tank from the end of my previous and then during my 60 min Brine Draw/Slow Rinse I suck out all the brine mix that is made (roughly 3 X 1.155 gal of salt-laden brine) and that regenerates the resin until the liquid level drops to close the air check and then water only continues for the rest of the Slow Rinse cycle to make sure I've removed all the salt. Have I finally got it?

Thanks again!

Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks