Fleck 2510 Salt Dose

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Not sure what that means. Please describe what you are talking about.

I can only guess.. the refill of 7 gallons in 14 minutes would indicate you have a .5 gpm refill button. If your system has a salt bridge the water will be below the salt. This is easily determined by kicking the lower section of the brine tank. If it is hollow then you may have a bridge. You can also disconnect the brin line from the valve and suck some water out of the brine tank (Nasty!) but it works. If it is salty then all is well. The water will usually dissolve an adequate amount of salt in only 10 minutes. An hour is recommended.

Matt Williams

Reaction score
Regenerated today. Brine water Very salty, but salt never dissolved. Still.
Drew all (7 gallons) refilled 7 gallons. BUT the past 2 times I regenerated (and watched and tasted) I dosed the brine tank with 1ppm Aquamag. Which is recommended and 'good for' softening systems.
There was a bridge, technician removed it, was destroyed, not needed for the new brine valve/safety float.
Salt hasn't dissolved in 3 days, since aquamag, regenerated twice.....

Reach4

Reaction score
Regenerated today. Brine water Very salty, but salt never dissolved. Still.
Drew all (7 gallons) refilled 7 gallons.
How much salt did you load into the brine tank?

There was a bridge, technician removed it, was destroyed, not needed for the new brine valve/safety float.
The plastic thing that is often used on the bottom under the salt is called a salt grid. A salt bridge is the condition where the salt bonded together above the water line. The water ate out the salt in its area, but the block of salt did not fall back into the water. So there is a cave under the salt, or you can view it as the block of salt itself then forming a bridge over the water.

Matt Williams

Reaction score
25lbs. No grid. No bonding. Salt is pellets. Been stirring and stirred during 1st backwash and brine draw. Drew/rinsed fine. Refilled fine. Salt still not dissolved.

Bannerman

Reaction score
The salt will dissolve to a maximum of 3 lbs per gallon of water. If you have 25 lbs of salt pellets in the tank and 2 gallons of water is added, then 6 lbs will dissolve and 19 lbs will remain in pellet form. The salt dos not all dissolve so a tank full of pellets will often not need to be topped-up again for many months.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Normally you want some salt above the filled waterline.

I understand that during this testing phase, you are working to prevent stratification of the brine density by stirring. I don't know how hard it is to cause/prevent stratification, but that is what I would attribute your salt not dissolving to.

Since your 25 pounds of salt has not dissolved even though you have given it 14 gallons of water, I think you need to add more salt or stir more. The stirring lets you continue your experiment.

Matt Williams

Reaction score
Gents,
On my new 2510 timer the 'gallons' wheel/meter has become loose. 3 weeks ago it was tight/tough to adjust. Is this normal? It does meter/count the gallons, but practically spins just by touching it.
Thanks

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Spinning would typically indicate the meter cable is not attached or the clutch is disengaged.... If it spins easily it should not meter...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks