Fleck 2510 Rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Have not been on the forum in quite some time, so hello to all you guys out here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I used to be on the forum because I had sulfur issues. I was running a Fleck AIO, to a softener then to a UV light. I still had a little issue with sulfur so I added a small shot of peroxide which cleared the problem up. I was going through about 35 gallons a year and can get it right by work.

A few weeks ago one of the seals went on the AIO unit and was blowing water all over the basement. Great way to start the day. I was able to get a parts kit, and thanks to YouTube I am mechanically enclined enough to rebuild the head, which I did.

When I put it all back together I pulled about 5 gallons of water out of the tank down to the bedding put it back together and ran it though a regen.

After rebuilding the head I was still getting a little sulfur smell and every once in a while you get about an eye dropper of water that comes out of the piston by the control. I have had to turn my stenner pump up from about 2.5 to 6.5.

I took my time rebuilding it and made sure everything was seated correctly. I used a little food grade grease on all the seals when I put it back together and it went back together fine. Why am I having to use more peroxide than I used to? Anyone ever run into this in the past? Thoughts, suggestions?

As alway, thank you in advance for your time and effort. Regards.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Have you had the water tested by a qualified testing lab? Perhaps the condition of the raw well water has changed as can often occur over time. If you have a previous report available, it will be a simple matter to compare that report to a current test report.

If you don't have a preferred testing lab, National Labs is recommended. Their WaterCheck Standard well package will provide the data required.

http://watercheck.myshopify.com/?aff=5

Reach4

Reaction score
Could the media be aging, or is the media just mechanical filtering media?

BIGBREW

Reaction score
I just replaced the media just over a year ago August, half Katalox half Carbon and with the small shot of peroxide it was working great. I had the Stenner pump set on 2.5 that went to an inline mixer just before the AIO. The system was working just fine till that seal blew. It took me a day to get parts, I rebuilt it and that is when it started. I was wondering if not removing all the water from the mineral tank screwed up the start up process again but I did draw the water down to the top of the media. I replaced the seals and piston, parts were about $65. I think I have my Stenner pump on 6.5 now and I am still getting sulfur. Scratching my head, everything was exactly the way it was running great with the exception of replacing the seals which was fairly easy.

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Soooo I was able to make some phone calls today while I was in the office. I spoke to Andrew over at Pentair. Apparently there is a different piston for the 2510 depending on whether you are using it for a softener or for an AIO. I was given the green piston when I bought my rebuild parts, from what I am told that is for the softener. I was able to run over to a local distributor and get the piston for the AIO unit which is white and brown. They did not charge me for the parts which was even a better deal, so I got the new piston and a free set of seals which I just replaced so I will keep those for next time the seal goes and blows water all over my basement. Switching the piston should not take me long, I will do that and put through a regen cycle and report back. I got some new tubes for my Stenner pump too that is probably due to be changed, it was about $60 for 5 of them.

BIGBREW

Reaction score
There's a different piston for the 2510 depending on how you are going to use it. Softener uses the green piston, AIO uses the brown one. Head seems to be working properly now.

Galloway2839

Reaction score
I believe I have a Fleck 2510. It is an older model, but have kept it in great condition and well maintained. The timer dial (highlighted in yellow) spins pretty freely, I either need to just replace the timer dial or if it is a major repair, would like to consider upgrading the control head to a newer unit. Would really like some Smart home technology to have data on when it runs, how much water... We really like the unit and it has been very reliable over all.

image_6487327.JPGimage_50445057.JPGimage_50417153.JPGimage_6487327 (1).JPGimage_67180801.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks