Fleck 2510 manual regeneration will not start

Users who are viewing this thread

Patty M

Reaction score
We've had this acid neutralizer system for almost 10 years. Well water PH is quite low, so we add a calcite/corosex mixture as needed. Added media this week, ran manual regeneration, worked fine. Until I tried to run another manual regeneration and it would not run. (Read somewhere to run a second regeneration when you add corosex.) Maybe I didn't wait long enough between cycles? I didn't notice where the service indicator dot was on the manual knob. Oops! When I turn the knob, the drive cam moves, I see water trickle, but no regeneration starts. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Water Guy

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've had this acid neutralizer system for almost 10 years. Well water PH is quite low, so we add a calcite/corosex mixture as needed. Added media this week, ran manual regeneration, worked fine. Until I tried to run another manual regeneration and it would not run. (Read somewhere to run a second regeneration when you add corosex.) Maybe I didn't wait long enough between cycles? I didn't notice where the service indicator dot was on the manual knob. Oops! When I turn the knob, the drive cam moves, I see water trickle, but no regeneration starts. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Water Guy

In the Trades
Reaction score
ported tank? or did you take the control head off? I'd suggest checking to see if your backwash restrictor is plugged up

Patty M

Reaction score
ported tank? or did you take the control head off? I'd suggest checking to see if your backwash restrictor is plugged up
IMG_20201018_112738574.jpg I'm guessing you are referring to clean out from retainer ring to discharge line? Truly appreciate the help! Thank you!

Bannerman

Reaction score
The 'Ported' question is in reference to the removable fill plug on the upper dome of the tank. Acid Neutralizer media is consumable so the removable plug will allow additional media to be periodically added without needing to remove the control valve.

Behind the drain-line connection fitting will be a DLFC (drain line flow control) flow restrictor. That restrictor governs the BackWash flow rate for the media so if the restrictor is partially or fully obstructed with debris, the media will not properly backwash.

The restrictor resembles a faucet washer with a specific size hole in the middle. The restrictor is directional so when you remove it to verify there is no obstruction, ensure the embossed numbers are facing the control valve.

Last edited:

Patty M

Reaction score
The 'Ported' question is in reference to the removable fill plug on the upper dome of the tank. Acid Neutralizer media is consumable so the removable plug will allow additional media to be periodically added without needing to remove the control valve.

Behind the drain-line connection fitting will be a DLFC (drain line flow control) flow restrictor. That restrictor governs the BackWash flow rate for the media so if the restrictor is partially or fully obstructed with debris, the media will not properly backwash.

The restrictor resembles a faucet washer with a specific size hole in the middle. The restrictor is directional so when you remove it to verify there is no obstruction, ensure the embossed numbers are facing the control valve.
Thank you, I did understand the "ported" We always add media through the plug. I appreciate the explanation of the flow control. I see the part on my schematic. So, do we need to remove that retainer ring in order to remove the flow control? Thanks for your help! Update: Just found this video
Fleck 2510 drain hose!!

Last edited:

Patty M

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! Cleaned out drain line flow control. It was clogged full of media, (maybe because I short cycled the regen?) After cleaning, ran manual regeneration just fine! Your forum is terrific, appreciate all the input and knowledge you all share. And thanks for helping me save $175 on a service call!

Bannerman

Reaction score
(maybe because I short cycled the regen?)
Perhaps you added too much media when you refilled previously?

Because back washing will cause the media to be lifted, expanded and reclassified (redistributed), sufficient empty space must remain within the tank for that expansion to occur. With any back washing media filter, the media should not normally be filled above approx 2/3 of the tank height, thereby leaving the remaining 1/3 empty as 'freeboard' space to allow the media to expand without causing it to be flushed out with the water flowing to drain.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
When you add media, you will usually have removed some water from the tan to make filling easier. I highly recommend putting the system into backwash before turning the water back on. Slowly turn the water on to allow the air to exit the tank. Then cycle it to fast rinse to kick off any air from the media. After a few minutes then cycle it to backwash and let it go through a cleaning cycle. This method is recommended for virtually all medias.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks