Flapper Getting Stuck in drain hole

Users who are viewing this thread

CuriousMind

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been having a problem with the flapper in our toto drake (CST744SL).

As you you can see in the image link below, it seems to get stuck inside the drain hole.

http://imgur.com/a/2rQ62

Do you recommend I replace the flapper? If so, what are the recommended models?

Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
In addition to changing the flapper, wipe a cloth firmly around the flush valve seat to wipe off any stuff.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on your water quality, a flapper valve could last anywhere from a few months if you put chlorine tablets in the tank, to many years. Mine tend to last around 4-years or so with my local water. At my mother's house before the county reworked the water lines, the spring water we had coming in, they lasted much longer...now, about 3-4 years as the original didnt' have any chlorine in it, and the current stuff does (well, it's more likely chloramine (sp?)).

The chemicals in the water cause the synthetic rubber to get soft, and it collapses from the weight of the water on top of it. When you start to see the rim bending and no longer being straight...time to buy a backup so you can replace it when it starts to give you problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks