Flanged Offset 1-1/2" Sink Tailpiece, 17 Gauge Brass?

Users who are viewing this thread

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does anyone make a 17 gauge brass flanged 1-1/2" sink tail piece, with an offset in it via two bends? Something like below, but with one end flanged and the other end plain (and ideally less offset and a longer straight section at the plain end).

Obviously I could use a short regular flanged tailpiece, and the product below, by cutting it in the middle and flipping around the bottom part so it slip joints onto the top part. Varying the length of the 45 section of the top part would let me vary the offset. But I'd rather not have the 2 extra slip joints above the trap.

Even a flanged tail piece with a 45 bend in it would help, then I'd only need 1 slip joint above the trap.

Thanks,
Wayne

images.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice find! I think Ferguson's picture for that part number may be wrong, but their Parts link is to a catalog page from Sloan, which led me to this part:

https://www.amazon.com/Sloan-0396525PK-Replacement-Part/dp/B002MFVBVS

I'll have to check if 8-1/2" is sufficient length in my case. And the part is intended for between a Flush-meter valve and a toilet bowl, but hopefully the flange would be compatible with a kitchen sink drain.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The flange on a flushometer and a 1.5" tubular are the same. I've seen and probably used plenty of slip joint extension tail pieces on flush valves that were roughed in too high. The offset would be for instances where the water rough in is too close to the center and its easier to move the tail piece than the water stub out. But its odd that it doesn't have the typical slots in the top for the air gap.. But yes, they will be compatible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks