Closet flange too high, floor not level

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
rock

Get a Kohler toilet and it will rock on a perfectly flat surface. Matter of fact other toilets will too. So part of the rocking comes from the bases of toilets.

julia

Reaction score
update

I don't know why but slabs are not sold around here even in plumbing supply places.

Now my plan is to buy a new toilet (Niagara flapperless, because I have a 10" rough in and also because there's a tank sweat problem in the summer since I don't have central air).

And then I think I will try to pour a little second floor as some have suggested here, to make it level around the flange and meet up properly with the bottom of the flange on all sides. I'm thinking of using leveling compound and using a rubber baseboard in a circle as the form. Will leveling compound be strong enough? Will it be removable in the future should someone desire to tile the floor?

If I go to all this effort to make a level floor and the new toilet does not have a flat base I will really go crazy then.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. This is a great list, very responsive!
Julia

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Tell me where you live and I'll find one in your area. Just the City or area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks