Flange doesn't sit level on floor -- HELPPPP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi,

I've searched the internet, but haven't seen anything like this. We're building a new bath on a slab, and when the concrete was poured, the upright drain for the toilet shifted from plumb to about 15-degrees out of whack (didn't realize it at the time). So, now when I try to attach the closet flange, the front edge of the ring hits the floor, and the back lip of the ring is about 3/4" off the finished floor. Even as a rank amateur, I know that that's not going to work.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I fear there's no short cut or easy answer to this problem, and you are correct in assuming it won't work the way it is. The concrete will have to be broken out to gain access to the drain pipe and fittings. Just exactly what after is impossible to tell at this distance and indeed maybe not even until the pipes are exposed. The saving grace here may be that since this is new, the contractor should still have to stand behind the work. I can't imagine that the plumber installed the drain that way, but in this world anything is possible. Also, the concrete is still "green" so it is a little easier to break out. Your biggest problem may be getting anyone to admit to being at fault.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flange

If the front is down and the back is up, then the pipe to the toilet opening must not have been supported properly and the concrete workers either pushed it down when they filled the ditch, or stepped on it while pouring concrete, maybe to make it even with the floor. There is no good option other than to redo it properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks