fixture venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Dang

Reaction score
I am a general contractor and we are adding a full bath to the third floor of my house. I hire a plumber for this work along with re-routing the main stack to go closer to the wall in the basement. He did most of the work (re-routing the main stack, branch off the 3" line from the first floor to the 3rd floor to accommodate the new bathroom. Then he is no where to be found, went MIA. I already finished the rough framing in the third floor. I want to finish the rough plumbing according the attached picture. I have a couple of questions I would like to get some inputs from the pros here.

1) Are the LAV, TUB and toilet on the first floor properly vented? It looks like they're being wet vented by the main stacks.

2) Does the TUB on the third floor needs its own vent? Looks like it is being wet vented by the LAV. The distance between the TUB and the 3" main stack is about 7 feet.

3) I'm planning to use a 4" PVC instead of 3" PVC to penetrate the roof since we're in Boston, MA. Is this over-killed?

Please comment on anything else that doesn't look right.

Thank you. I appreciate your help in advance.

plumbing_sketch.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks