Fix Drain in Garage Stemwall and Stacked Back to Back sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheenbean

Reaction score
I have two main questions and would like advice. I am in Cypress, CA where we follow 2018 UPC and 2019 California Building Code. I am building a permitted (owner builder) laundry room, office on the other side of these images. I did not permit the plumbing, as I was going to (and may still ) have a plumber do it or add a permit for it myself.

My two questions are how should I approach fixing the drain in the stem wall to be properly plumb inside the wall. And can I stack back to back sinks over the laundry drain in 2" drain / vent using the image from terrylove below without increasing drain size

1. Question, I have this mess to fix. 2" vent angled in to semi fit inside garage wall is partially in the garage stem wall.
a. Approach A - chip around the bottom fernco, replace it and all above with ABS, angle into wall with a 45° connector
i. In this scenario, do I / can I / should I encase the fernco back in cement when I repair the stemwall chipped out or do I open garage slab and move the drain out of stemwall then run it back into wall with proper flame gasket or fire block?

drain top view small.jpg

drain side view_ small.jpg

2. Following this diagram below, can I put another sink on other side of wall, stacked over the sink (wet vent?). I don't think a cross would work as the garage floor is 5.5" lower than house.
Terryexample.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You might be able to use the upper santee, that is now plugged, to receive the output of the trap. Then the trap could be in the plane of the wall.

I am not sure if that is a standpipe, but if it is, you could either move the standpipe to the left, or could leave the top where it is, but jog over with a pair of 45s or 22.5s to come down to enter the trap a the right place. I am not a pro,

I don't know if 2 inch is big enough for all of the stuff you want.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks