Fix broken PVC pipe in basement concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

Zerocool749

Reaction score
Hi all,

While grinding my floors I broke the 2" PVC pipe coming out of my concrete basement floor. This feeds my utility sink. What's the best way to fix this? I'm thinking I could cut and chip out the PVC pieces and clean out the 90 degree elbow. It looks like that is still in tact.

IMG_20220312_121207570.jpg

IMG_20220312_121204068.jpg

This is how it should look, but it's now broken at the bottom. My plan is to chip out the pieces from the broken PVC pipe. Then glue a new 2" PVC pipe into the 90' elbow that you can see in the picture above. Then use a coupling to attach to this piece that's mostly in tact. I'll replace that AAV at the top as well.

IMG_20220312_121218636.jpg

Any advice? Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Small hand saw to cut some slices in there and pry the pieces inward. I'm not sure how a RamBit would work on the angle that you have.
Before RamBits, my fix was the small slices with a saw blade and prying the pieces out.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Small hand saw to cut some slices in there and pry the pieces inward. I'm not sure how a RamBit would work on the angle that you have.
Before RamBits, my fix was the small slices with a saw blade and prying the pieces out.
I use rambit on crooked cuts and to trim shower drain stub ups.

Zerocool749

Reaction score
Hi all, thank you for the help! The ram bit / fitting saver worked great. I used that to get down to the 90' elbow. Then I used a dremel to clean up the sides so the new 2" PVC pipe would fit. It's all fixed now and appreciate the help. I never would have thought of that tool on my own.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks