First Post! Help: My newly installed tub drains slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Opifex

Reaction score
Howdy All,

So I had a new bathtub professionally installed not long ago, and it's draining unreasonably slow, even with the push plunger removed completely. I suspect installation error, but I haven't tried drano yet. I will take a few pictures and post them in a day or two.

Also, if the plunger is screwed down all the way, the rubber gasket gets too close to the tub and doesn't allow the water to drain. This too seems to be an installation error, or is it normal?

Thanks!

Opifex

Reaction score
And how slow are we talking? can a shower keep up?

Yes, it keeps up when taking a shower, but just barely. With the plunger installed, even threaded on only half way, the water starts to back up quickly, so I'll be standing in about an inch of water while taking a shower. Here are a couple pics from the crawl space.

20190915_092757.jpg
20190915_093226.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks