First look -- Pentek Big White w/ Bypass

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
First look -- Pentek Big White w/ Bypass

After quite a bit of searching, I was able to buy one for a deeply discounted $48.

The way the main housing o-ring is designed to seal looks good -- same as the Pentek Big Blues.

The housing is designed to be supported by only the pipes it's mounted to?

I don't fully understand the construction of the bypass valve, or how it's assembled? Does this design look good or bad to someone with more trained eyes?

The rubber o-ring seal on the bypass valve reminds me of Sharkbite fittings -- will this design hold up over time?

See pics!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
they make brackets for the big white you might want to contact or order the correct bracket Pentair is a major manufacture of this stuff and pool equipment so I'd expect the product be decent I've installed filters but don't know which brands. cant vouch for the quality

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks