Fire Rated Ceiling- Condo

Users who are viewing this thread

KULTULZ

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Reaction score
I am remodeling a condo (daughter's) with a fire rated ceiling (Type X fire rated drywall hung on metal channels-sound suppression) with protruding fire sprinkler heads.

I have opened a ceiling and after studying the system, am thinking about going to QuietRock over the channel system.

The fire sprinkler estucheons. Are they removable to be able to apply new drywall? I have been told that they merely clip to the head and can be pulled down. I understand I will have to shim the overhead joists to get to the origional depth so as not having to shutdown the system and replacing the heads.

Any insight here? Thanx!

Attachments

• Ceiling Fire-Sound Rated_1.jpg
    Ceiling Fire-Sound Rated_1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 430

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heads

The fire suppression heads MUST have the proper projection, meaning exactly the same as originally, from the finished ceiling to provide the proper spray pattern.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks