Finish plumbing - shower arm question

Users who are viewing this thread

twojciac

Reaction score
I plumbed my tub/shower with cpvc and have 1/2" threaded females where the tub and shower stubs come out. These are the ones that have rubber washers inside.

The problem I'm having is, on one of the two bathrooms I did, the chrome shower arm isn't able to turn all the way where the bend faces down. It's about 45 degrees off and is very tight. The thread starts in different places on the female CPVC connector, which I didn't notice until now. I'm afraid of over tightening the arm and busting the pipe. Any suggestions?

I'm also noticing that the washer seems to just get sucked into the shower arm. Since the metal is thin, it just pushes the outside of the washer until it bends inside of the shower arm. Should I just remove the washer, or is there a different washer that I should look into using?

Thanks!

--
Tom Wojciaczyk

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks