Finally Replacing My Late 90s No Flow Gerbers And Now Plumbing Questions Have Come Up

Users who are viewing this thread

JpNH

Reaction score
Hi,

A year or so ago I bought my first house which came with two late 90s Gerber low flow toilets. One of the wasn't too bad after replacing some parts. The one in the main bathroom would clog with one piece of toilet paper.

So on a whim, I decided to buy an American Standard Clean dual flush at Lowe's as, I was walkimg around.

Well I got the culprit Geber off and off course the flange was completely disintegrated. Rusted away. No worries I'll just get a clambshell or chip out the old one. When looking at the plumbing below this is what I found. Attached pics. Not sure if it's a long 90 into the wye. Right before it there's a shower draing into another wye.

Just wondering if this is proper in a tight space. Not sure where the vent is yet. Or if there is anything I can do to maximize flow from the new toilet. Like I said the previous Gerber was really bad, and it may have just been the toilet, but want to rule out any plumbing mistakes as well. I bought a 4x3 spigot bend, but duh, it's hub to hub with the wye.

Wife is out of town so happy to rip thing apart and reconfigure if need be. I have experience with solvent welding etc.

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and sorry I fat fingered this and submitted halfway through!
eFJmDbo
oDwArkB

Last edited:

JpNH

Reaction score
Sorry didn't see the upload a file option! Small pipe in front going to the first wye is the shower. Second pipe is the toilet connection. Third photo is looking down the sanitary pipe the two wyes are connected.

Attachments

• 20160920_120756.jpg
    20160920_120756.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 20160920_120803.jpg
    20160920_120803.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 228
  • 20160920_120827.jpg
    20160920_120827.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 228
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks