Finally found driller's report for my well--question about casing

Users who are viewing this thread

tkeoki

Reaction score
I've attached the driller's report.

My question is about the casing--why would there be the 2" slotted pipe from 555' - 565', if the 4-1/2" casing goes all the way to 605'?

Also, with the available information, is there a way to tell what the original static water level was?

Thanks

Edit: Also, it shows gravel pack from 534' to 670'; yet it shows cemented from 0' to 604'. How does that work?

Attachments

• well_data.jpg
    well_data.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It doesn’t make sense to me either. It says drilled 6 ¾” from surface to 605’. Then it was under reamed to 9” from 605’ to 670’. It shows it was mill slotted from 555’ to 565’ and then again from 607’ to 670’. But then it shows to be pressure cemented from surface to 604’, which means slots higher than 604’ are cemented in.

But is also says gravel packed from 534’ to 670’, which doesn’t jive with cementing to 604’.

The pump was set at 273’, but bailing 40 GPM for 4 hours only dropped the water level to 56’?

I would think that is an error and it has 4.5” casing all the way down, but I am not sure.

If the water level is really at 56’ it doesn’t matter much. You probably don’t need to set the pump any deeper than about 100’. Setting at 273’ wouldn’t hurt anything. And it looks like you could set it as deep as 534’ even if that is not an error and there is some 2” casing at that depth.

Reach4

Reaction score
Interesting stuff.

On the 56 ft, I think that it is saying the water level dropped by 56 ft from the unstated static level. I would guess the current static level would probably be close to the original static level, unless you are in a drought area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks