Filters before on demand hot water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I would put a whole house filter on city water regardless of WH type. Have you ever found sand in an aerator screen? A whole house filter would have stopped that. If the cartridge is pristine white after a year and there is nothing to see in the housing, I guess you did not need it. But even knowing that seems worth something.

I don't have any friends with tankless water heater, but I could see those for areas without natural gas or for homes with occasional high volume needs, or for those without basements or big utility rooms.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
I second the idea of whole home filtration. If the water is that bad, you could extend the life of other appliances in the home with whole home filtration. Depending on water/sediment type they're a myriad of specialized filters available.

Sincerely

Cameron Fields

JAXplumb

Reaction score
At the very least put a sediment filter on the cold water feeding the on demand. If you are talking about a tankless water heater they have a very fine inlet filter that will clog really fast if there is debris in the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks