Filtering well to storage tank

Users who are viewing this thread

s10010001

Reaction score
Is it worth filtering between the well and the storage tank(a)? Right now I have a screen filter on there just to catch any little gravel or anything, I think it’s 50 micron. Is it worth putting an actual sediment filter between there? I already have a spare 4.5x10 housing and filters, otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

I get the layer of silt at the bottom over time, but I think it’s something to do with oxidizing iron in there not dirty water.

In the freeze we had here in Texas just a while back I lost a lot of pipe and ghetto rigged a lot of it back together with what I had to get me going. Now that Home Depot is back fully in stock with PVC I’m gonna go make it all nice again. So mows tie time to add a filter if you think it’s worth it.

s10010001

Reaction score
yea the filter currently between the well and the tanks is a spin down screen filter. PVC material.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It’s the best way to go. A sediment filter slowly clogs up and lowers the flow rate and you’ll need to change it about once a month. They’re good for about 3000 gals. Unless you install a bypass you must shut the pump down.

s10010001

Reaction score
Yea I’m not worry about changing the filter or shutting off briefly to swap a filter.

just wondering if y’all think there’s any benefit to do it at all. I mean, wonder the houses uses what’s in the tank it’s all filtered then and softened. So I guess it would just keep my tank clean?

s10010001

Reaction score
ohh that's fancy! but no it doesn't make a lot of sediment. I was making thinking about the dust type silt that gets at the bottom so I think I'm good with just what I have. (basically that type of screen, but no auto purge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks