Filter moved

Users who are viewing this thread

KD

Reaction score
After reading this forum, I have moved my whole house filter to the house side of the pressure tank. It works the same but I feel better about it now. I use a re usable filter because I get lots of rust in my water. About half a cup of rust per month. I also have a filter at the sink.

R

Rancher

Bob, It keeps whole houses out of the plumbing, I use one and have never had a house squirt out of my faucet yet... OK I only use it on the drinking water line, the rest of the plumbing is not filtered, just softened.

Rancher

KD

Reaction score
Without the whole house filter, we get rust colored ice in the ice maker. Also I can taste the rust in the shower. Also, previously, our water slowed to a dribble because we had a log jam of mangnaese ? in the pipes. Hurray for the whole house filter!

Speedbump

Reaction score
I don't think you understand what that filter is doing/not doing. The filter is catching chunks of iron and maybe manganese from your plumbing. It is not removing iron or manganese. It can't remove them because it isn't desinged to. Backwashable filters with the correct media in them which are designed to remove these minerals are the only thing that will remove them. These filters are far larger than your in line filter also.

If you can't taste the iron because of the filter, you may have a carbon filter, otherwise the taste would still be there too.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks