Filter before pressure tank/csv?

Users who are viewing this thread

Evan Byrne

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am collecting all of my parts and fittings for a pump and tank install for my farm irrigation.

My setup will be fairly standard, Pump>CSV>Tank Tee>Ball Valve> Then sent out into the yard in poly pipe.

My question is would it be ok to install a 100 micron filter prior to the CSV? I don't know if my well produces sediment or not, but in the case that it does I'd like to protect my csv, tank, pressure switch and frost free hydrants and irrigation valves that will be downstream of it. Any thoughts?

This is the filter I'm considering:
https://www.rcworst.com/Action-Mach...esh-Screen-Filter-1-0-Inlet/Outlet-p1699.html

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That filter is rated for 200 PSI. So, it should be fine before a CSV. Depending on the pump you might have 125-150 prior to the CSV. However, it is usually best to let the CSV ,tank etc, deal with a little sediment and filter on the way to the sprinklers if needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks