Filled up pool now well water has an oder and odd taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

pumpjet52

Reaction score
Hello all,

We recently had pool issues which involved loosing all the water. The pool holds 22,000 gallons.

Over 5 days we used the well to fill the pool. Using 4 garden hoses we let it run for about 2 hours at a time with about 2 hours in between. (we did this so we could use the water in the house since filling the pool lowered the house flow to almost nothing.)

On the last day filling the pool, the well ran for about 4 hours. The pool is full - good to go.

Problem is the water quality went south, it tastes bad and has an egg oder. Before filling the pool the water taste like it came from a mountain spring.

Will this clear up, if so how long should it take?

The well is 275' deep

Thanks.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Why did the pool loose water? What products where used in the repair?

When Vancouver suffers from Heavy Rain Fall (which is a lot) this has an adverse effect on the water reserve a few miles from my home. The water quality can drop and the water taste off.

Perhaps the excessive use of the well water has stirred things up. I would think time and lower water use will see your water return to normal.

It does make me wonder what happened to the pool water and if this has anything to do with the change in taste and smell.

pumpjet52

Reaction score
Why did the pool loose water? What products where used in the repair?

When Vancouver suffers from Heavy Rain Fall (which is a lot) this has an adverse effect on the water reserve a few miles from my home. The water quality can drop and the water taste off.

Perhaps the excessive use of the well water has stirred things up. I would think time and lower water use will see your water return to normal.

It does make me wonder what happened to the pool water and if this has anything to do with the change in taste and smell.

The pool simply failed and dumped all the water out. Also the pool is over 300' away from the well, and the water drained the opposite way. And the pool was empty for 2 weeks before we got it back together. The water quality went down hill the same day I finished filling the pool.

I do also think I ran the well too much and it needs time to fix itself.

Any idea how long this might take? We went from spring water to egg juice......not fun.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks