Fill valve running on TOTO

Users who are viewing this thread

Peterl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am back again. This afternoon I got home from work and I heard my toilet water running. Not sure if thats what you call it. It was loud though. My toilet is a toto drake purchased 2006 adviced from Terry. I am not sure if the flush valve just breaks randomly. How do flush valve break? How can I fix the valve? There is a flat head screw on top of the blue valve. How do I adjust that. No matter how I turn the screw it doesnt do anything. How do I repair it or what valve should I get? Thanks again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would replace the fill valve. Korky and Fluidmaster make replacements that work for the TOTO Drake.
Korky, blue or gray cap
Fluidmaster, their adjustable refill rate version.

korky528t.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
At that time, many (not all) of the Drakes had a fill valve made by Korky for them. Go to the www.korky.com website and see if yours looks like the Korky Quietfill valve. The thing that wears out is the cap, and you can replace that in a few minutes without tools. Or, you can change the whole valve, but that will take a little longer as you'll need to adjust it for the proper fill of both the tank and the bowl. If it's not the Korky valve, replace it with a new one.

Peterl

Reaction score
At that time, many (not all) of the Drakes had a fill valve made by Korky for them. Go to the www.korky.com website and see if yours looks like the Korky Quietfill valve. The thing that wears out is the cap, and you can replace that in a few minutes without tools. Or, you can change the whole valve, but that will take a little longer as you'll need to adjust it for the proper fill of both the tank and the bowl. If it's not the Korky valve, replace it with a new one.

peterl-01.jpg

You mean this blue cap. Sees like its just sitting there. Not hard to remove

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That is NOT a Korky product, and has no user replaceable parts that I'm aware of...if it's leaking, replace it with a new one. If you go with a TOTO one, it should come preadjusted. If you go with a Korky or Fluidmaster one, you need one that can be adjusted for the bowl/tank fill ratio, otherwise, you'll be wasting water, or have performance issues. The procedure isn't hard. My preference would be the Korky one as the Fluidmaster tends to shut off faster, and that can cause water hammer.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks