Fill valve for Toto ST701

Users who are viewing this thread

TomTomTom

Reaction score
I've got a Toto ST701 with this fill valve. Lately, it's been making a hissing sound when the toilet is flushed.

Is there any way to repair this valve, or do I need to replace it? If replace, which valve would you recommend?

IMG_20160819_172358294.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
That's actually a ST701 tank. It goes on what I assume is a CST704 Toto Reliance toilet. Nice solid older commercial model.

I would toss that thing and replace it with a Korky Quietfill MaxPerformance Platinum 528MP fill valve, available at Home Depot and Lowe's and most hardware stores. It's essentially the same fill valve as Korky produces for Toto and Toto sells as its TSU99A.X Universal Replacement Fill Valve. http://www.lowes.com/pd/Korky-Universal-Fit-Adjustable-Toilet-Fill-Valve/3284948

Changing a fill valve is super-easy, and Korky has a video on youtube that shows you how to replace your valve with a Korky 528MP.

The Korky valve, when the time comes, has a little round "cap" inside it that contains the primary moving parts. The cap is model R528 and is available for like $3 at HD and elsewhere. So after you change the valve this once, you likely will just be able to replace that cap. But that won't be for years from now.

TomTomTom

Reaction score
Thanks for such a helpful response. I'm sure it's a two-piece, but don't see any model numbers on the base unit (but I can't really see behind the base)

I'll replace the fill valve with the Korky. It's interesting that the current fill valve does not have the tube that goes to the overflow tube, but most of the other toilets I've seen have it. What is the point of those tubes, and should I hook up the one that comes with the Korky?

TomTomTom

Reaction score
As long as we've owned it, no water has ever come out of that nozzle. The bowl fills just from the water in the tank. Why would someone have removed the tube?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks