Fill Valve for Old Crane Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread


Reaction score
isiting my son and his family in Canada, and he asked me to help fix a very noisy toilet fill valve. It's the old style with the ballcock and float arm. The toilet is a Crane with the numbers 1902 87 on one side of the Crane T logo and 243 on the other. I can see that the old valve is not working properly, and I would ordinarily just pick up a Fluidmaster or Korky "universal" fill valve. What I'm worried about is that the tank height is only 9 inches and the fill line is only 7. Any suggestions on what will fit?

Please ignore the dimensions above. I measured another Crane toilet in the house thinking they were the same size, but they are not. I should be able to use any standard Fluidmaster or Korky valve in the toilet that needs a new valve.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks