Fill the Gap between Tank & Bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Joel R

Reaction score
Hello, I am replacing 3 toilets in my new-to-me house. I like the look and easy cleaning of 1-peice, but will only buy American Made, and as much as I would like to, I can't afford USA made 1-peice units. So, I'm buying USA 2-peice units and got to wondering if there is a product out there that is designed to seal and beatify the tank/bowl gap (see attached photo) to give the easy cleaning and impression of a 1-peice toilet? I am considering caulk but is messy, and hard to fill such a wide gap, and hard to remove if I need to take the tank off.

Can anyone help point me to such a product? I am sure its out there, I just can't find it.
Tks
JRP

Attachments

• Screenshot gap.png
    Screenshot gap.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 151

Bannerman

Reaction score
Toilets are constructed from glazed vitreous china as the material can be easily cleaned and sanitized.

Any type of filler material will not exhibit those properties and so will likely create a cleaning hassle and a surface for bacteria and mold to grow.

Joel R

Reaction score
Toilets are constructed from glazed vitreous china as the material can be easily cleaned and sanitized.

Any type of filler material will not exhibit those properties and so will likely create a cleaning hassle and a surface for bacteria and mold to grow.

So your answer is - No. I will say though, since the gap between the tank and the bowl is very difficult to keep clean and looks crappy, hence my question, it seems that some kind of anti-microbial (such as Microban that is in 100% silicone caulk used in bathrooms for decades) filler product or method could not be worse and would at least make it esthetically better, but maybe I am wrong. Probably am, my wife says I am wrong about twice a week. Thanks! JRP

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks