Fiberglass tub surround

Users who are viewing this thread

Dtmos

Reaction score
Any tips on cutting a fiberglass tub surround? My bathroom window is orientated such that it overhangs into the area where the tub surround will go. The fiberglass tub surround is a 5 piece heavy duty style. I was going to attempt to leave the window trim off and just cut around the window opening, but then I would have to shave off some material on the window trim to get it to look right. I am going to put the window trim back on, transfer the dimensions to a piece of cardboard and then transfer those dimensions to the fiberglass piece. Jigsaw with a fine blade? These cuts need to be extremely straight!

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You are going to want a good sealant around the window where it meets the insert, even then you are possibly facing future water problems. I would use one of the marine sealants.

My preference would be to use a jigsaw with a fine or medium down stroke blade, not ease to find but available. And, I would mask tape the area being cut. The down stroke blades are used when cutting laminates. I just broke the last one I had, so have to start looking around also.

And, did I mention, measure 10 times and cut once.

Paul

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks