Fiberglass tank issues

Users who are viewing this thread

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
This issue has been around since fiberglass tanks were invented. This is a WM-25 tank

Reach4

Reaction score
That leaking on top is bad.

WM-25 Pentair Wellmate 87 gallon tank.

wm-series-diagram-sm.jpg

Have you seen a similar failure in the Pro-Source PSC tanks, which are Pentair also?

Last edited:

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score

wm-series-diagram-sm.jpg

Have you seen a similar failure in the Pro-Source PSC tanks, which are Pentair also?

Yes I have with our buried PSC tanks but they also have another problem. I agree with Valveman, Pentair tanks are a POS and we tried helping them out but they don't give a shit. You will get tossed around from Wellmate and Pro-Source. We fix our problems with a WM air cell that actually touches the bottom of tank on the PSC models. The air cell they use in the PSC doesn't touch the bottom of tank and they get overstretched to where they will blow out the bottom of the air cell every time.

Attachments

• PadFone Pics 2 1957.jpg
    PadFone Pics 2 1957.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
I worked at a Custom Composite Shop building mostly Fiberglass booms and they didn't apply enough resin and hardener mix around the seal to keep it from leaking. You could take a 15pound sledge hammer as hard as could to one after we cooked it for 3hrs in a big oven and it would bounce right off. I had to go inside the big oven to help the forklift move the big mandrel (very hot and it would burn your skin instantly).

http://wacoboom.com/

http://wacoboom.com/document/boom-construction-and-materials-2/

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score

wm-series-diagram-sm.jpg

From an installers standpoint, anything made by Pentair should be considered suspect. After their aluminum winding debacle, I won't sell anything made by Pentair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks