Fiberglass Shower base has movement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim1327

Tool and Diemaker
Reaction score
installed a new fiberglass shower in our second floor master bath. I made sure the floor under the shower area was screwed down secure and had no movement. I installed the base as per instructions by placing 6 or 8 blobs of thinset morter and pushing the base down on the morter. I let it setup for 2 days and then finished the shower install. Everything was fine for about 6 months then I noticed the base would move a little when you stepped on it and got a little worse over the next few months. It has been over a year since I installed it and I still have movement. I am afraid this will eventually cause the development cracks or worse leaks in the base. I may be able to access it thru the back wall or making a hole in the cealing under it by the drain. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim1327

Tool and Diemaker
Reaction score
I wanted more replies. I like to get as much information from as many sources as possible. Before I make a decision on what to do.
Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks