Fault line effecting a well

Users who are viewing this thread

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Among all the well people on here. How many of you have had a fault line cause a problem with a well you worked on, and what did you do about it?

Or have any drillers had problems with a fault?

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
I think (hope) I'm as far from any fault lines as I can possibly get. Nope, I haven't had any dealings with that problem yet. Now if you want to know about Hurricanes...

bob...

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
We have 3 that run through a near-by town. One has even sheared a well in two. I just happen to be drilled right on center of it. On one part of the fault, it has moved a freeway over a foot in just a few years. Each summer it gets a little worse. Living on the coast you just don't see that too often.

We had our share of hurricanes. "Ike" was just a few months ago. Went right over my house. Now that ,created a lot of work for us. With all the power surges, and generators that were too small to run a well, we were very bizzy.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
We had our share of hurricanes. "Ike" was just a few months ago.

When you mentioned Faults, I assumed you were in California. Are you in Texas? Seems like that's where Ike did the most damage. There have been so many of them come through here in the last few years, I can't keep them straight.

bob...

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
Yep, faults in Texas. There is one part of town the wells are 225' and just
30' away, they go to 340'. The depths just don't very like that, that close together down here. One of faults can barely be seen by a satellite view. It even made the news a few months ago. It cuts right across a freeway.

As the eye of Ike passed over, I went out to see if I had any trees left.
We got lucky. Just a few miles down the road, a hole town is just gone!
The serge was 30' when the storm came ashore.
Being in Fl. your self, I am sure you have seen your share of them windy things.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'll be darned, I didn't know Texas had faults. Ya learn something everyday.

Yes, I am familiar with Hurricanes. A few years back we had four of them come very close in the same summer. That was a real eye opener. Luckily, I'm at 126 feet above sea level, so I won't be seeing any storm surges. I wouldn't want to be anywhere's near the beach during one.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks