Faucet Supply Line Connect

Users who are viewing this thread

Winger27

Reaction score
I have a Moen single handle kitchen faucet that I got used for my laundry room. My problem is that the faucet supply line fitting does not match anything I can find to connect to. All the shutoff valves seem to be compression or flat fittings, this has a flare on the end. What do I need to look for. You guys have been great on advice in the past so I'd figured I'd run this one by ya. Thanks
20170118_140756.jpg

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
It isn't a "compression fitting" (regardless of what it may say on the label). The nut is just sized to work on a male 3/8 compression outlet threads on the faucet. The seal
is made by the "rubber" washer in the nut, and it doesn't really matter what shape the metal tip is. Works just like a
garden hose connection.

Winger27

Reaction score
It isn't a "compression fitting" (regardless of what it may say on the label). The nut is just sized to work on a male 3/8 compression outlet threads on the faucet. The seal
is made by the "rubber" washer in the nut, and it doesn't really matter what shape the metal tip is. Works just like a
garden hose connection.
So this will connect directly to the male shut off valve?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I couldn't see a rubber washer inside the nut from the picture. If there is no good rubber washer you will have a leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks