Faucet diverter came off - no obvious way to re-install

Users who are viewing this thread

JackPasco33

Reaction score
Hey folks, a bit of an emergency situation here, and all the plumbers in town are busy. The faucet came off the tub when one of our AirBnB guests turned on the shower. It doesn't look like anything I'm finding on the internet, and I'm not sure what to do here. There's not a screw that holds the faucet onto the plastic piece, so I'm thinking if I just glue it on it's probably going to pop back off. If I manage to get that black piece that's still attached to the tile off there, I don't know what I'll be looking at. Please see attached pics.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3886.JPG
    IMG_3886.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3885.JPG
    IMG_3885.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3883.JPG
    IMG_3883.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 99

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah you just need a new tub spout. That black thing broke off of the spout. Someone probably bumped it hard. Once you unscrew that black thing it'll be obvious, that you just screw a new spout back on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks