Fancy master shower components & configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

rushabh

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum. I'm glad there is a forum like this and I'm even more happy Terry Love is local to me (I live in Renton, WA and will be moving into a custom house in Bellevue, WA soon)!

This is NOT a DIY plumbing question in which I would be doing the installation; rather, my general contractor for the custom house will have his plumber subcontractor do all the installation. I am just responsible for purchasing all the major components and fixtures required for a fancy shower system in the master bathroom shower and I have some questions about whether I have all the components required for the specific configuration I have in mind.

The master shower system set-up will be Kohler-based and has two separate "water lines" or zones:

Water Line/Zone 1 Set-Up:
- Pressure valve: Kohler K-2971-KS-NA Rite-Temp pressure valve with 3/4" IPS inlets/outlets
- Transfer valve: Kohler K-728-K 3-way transfer valve with 3/4" inlet
- Kohler Pressure Valve Trim (model TBD)
- Kohler Transfer Valve Trim (model TBD)
- Kohler K-8002 Shower Tiles. QTY: 4
- Kohler K-13694 Ceiling Shower Head with K-7394 ceiling arm

Configuration for Zone 1: Pressure Valve --> Transfer Valve --> (2 WaterTiles on left side) <--> (2 WaterTiles on right side) <--> (Ceiling Head on ceiling)

Pressure valve provides 13.0 gpm at 45 psi. The Water Tiles and Ceiling Head requires 2.5 GPM. So they will collectively take 12.5 GPM.
QUESTIONS:
1) The Zone 1 GPM math shows that the pressure valve will provide more than sufficient GPM and pressure but is that what really happens in real life application? Will I actually get full pressure in all outlets if I were to turn all of them on at the same time? Or would I be better off reducing the Zone 1 configuration to just 2 water tiles and one ceiling head?
2) Are there any other components I need to have to make the configuration work?

Water Line/Zone 2 set-up:
- Pressure valve: Kohler K-304-K Rite-Temp pressure valve with 1/2" IPS
- Shower trim: Kohler K-T14670-4-BN

Configuration for Zone 2:
Pressure Valve --> Shower Trim (in the center, between the water tiles on left and right)
QUESTIONS:
Are there any other components I need to make the configuration work?

Thank you in advance for helping me out in getting all the parts required for a great shower system!

Dhagin

builder:anti-builder
Reaction score
This is something that should be discussed with your contractor/plumber. Your WA Licensed, Bonded, & Insured plumber should be the one to give you a parts list or confirm your layout & list. :)

rushabh

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the plumber is not interested in helping me out with the parts list because he claimed it is too much work or something like that. That's why I'm posted my questions here. . . .

Dhagin

builder:anti-builder
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the plumber is not interested in helping me out with the parts list because he claimed it is too much work or something like that. That's why I'm posted my questions here. . . .

Well, he won't do it for free and neither would i. If he can't do it, it's time for another plumber. You still need someone with knowledge onsite to help - and if I were the builder here, I'd insist on it. Good luck. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks