Fan only function does not work, other functions work fine, please help

Users who are viewing this thread

clocert

Reaction score
I have a Amana single split AC 3 ton. For some reason the FAN ONLY function does not work, everything else work fine. I did the following test:
I removed the T-stat cover. jumped R,G,Y 3 wires, condenser started, furnace blower also started. If I only jump R and G, the blower will not work , condenser will not work either. I remember I jumped R and G before, the blower started right away, but now, the blower does not work anymore. What can cause this problem ? Thanks.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
This must be checked and diagnosed by a tech, to eliminate any guessing that can lead to unnecessary and expensive part replacements. Money worth spending right now before summer heat. If you wait one month, you won't be able to find a tech.

Usually, dead blower could mean: power supply to the blower problem OR transformer problem OR Tstat OR just burnt blower motor.

clocert

Reaction score
Thanks, I believe I found the problem. Checked control board, the green wire was lose at the terminal. re-attach the wire. everything OK now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks