External Sheathing Underside of Insulated of Floor Joists

Users who are viewing this thread

JONATHON WISNOSKI

Reaction score
Hello all,
Been searching for information on this, and this forum turned up the most similar results.

I am looking to insulate some floor joists over an open crawl space. The only thing the regulations says is to use sheathing or chicken wire to hold the insulation in. But I am not sure of the specifics and best practices. I think I want to go blown cellulose (but I really have no idea about blown cellulose installation). People I have asked think 1/4 inch osb is probably too thin, so I think I would have to go all the way to 7/16th then. But I have also heard of fiber glass sheathing, but I have never seen or worked with that, but it is way cheaper than OSB at the moment.

2x6" joists at 2 foot spacing.

Any tips, recommendations, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks