external ck valve, MIchigan? , deep well... arrrrgh

Users who are viewing this thread

whiterabbit67

Reaction score
ok ive found out my well is a hundred footer , my problem ive been having with her taking a heck of a long time to build pressure seems to be getting better ...well a tiny bit... after seeing the ck valve thread , i ask this question ..the previous owner who installed his own pump and bladder tank in the basement .. put a CK VALVE in the top female " hole" on my hydro glass 1 hp jet pump....( craftsman ) ....the water this am after doing another drain of the tank just to see if was holding pressure at 38 lbs seemed well a cloudy , for sure , this cleared up immediastely tho...

oh and when i open up a tap now and let her rip , the pump is ALMOST able to keep up... not quite but better ..well not really ,..the well did sit ununsed for over a yr...

tommorrow ill ck the pressure tube also... for sedimate... maybe the do it yourselfer should not have put a ck valve at all ... one guy did look at it and said ... wth?

one thing that is puzzling to me is this ... there is one line a two incher running into the basement ( from the well of course) and it splits into TWO lines just before the pump and into the front... why two lines?????...

wouldnt one be better .. one inlet and one outlet??? ....as thier is only one line in the well , the pipe ..... OR this guy thought it was a two line pump system ??? I.E. two lines in the well ....

i must be missing something ....AAAAAARG !!!!!!

THANK YOU all for your time , im finding this all quite interesting...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There should be a jet assembly attached to the inlet side of the pump that turns the two holes in the pump to one, so you can attach a single pipe from the well. I really don't know how it is working without one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks