Exterior window A/C filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Bought a house in a pine tree grove...loads of pine pollen raining down. We have window a/c's. I'm thinking of adding a layer of filration outside the house...attaching a an oversized filter to the back side of each A/C. Anyone see a problem with that? Thanks very much.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think those typically exhaust out the back, so you will want your filters on the intakes.
air_conditioner4.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If you can see inside the cabinet look at the bottom of the coils. Usually the outside coils you can. If it’s filled with debris then remove the unit from the window and take off the box itself to get access to clean it.

Jorgebaloy

Reaction score
Well thought!

But if you see any problem with performance you should think of something else.[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks