Exterior vented tankless water heater?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ken in Socal

Reaction score
I would like to install a gas tankless water heater on the exterior of my house, however, the best location is right next to a bathroom window. (My house is over 100 years old and the structure is built within inches of the property line all around, so I don't have other convenient places to install it.) I currently have a traditional gas water heater in the same spot in a galvanized cabinet with venting through the top and around the roof eave.

Ideally, I would install an exterior tankless water heater that I could vent up and over the eave, just like my old water heater. However, all the exterior tankless water heaters I find don't have the option to vent upwards with venting ducts. I could also put an interior tankless in the same spot and build a cabinet around it, but the manufacturers say that I would void the warranty. (I live in Southern California so I am not worried about frozen pipes).

Any suggestions how to solve this problem? Does anyone know of a gas exterior tankless water heater that is vented?

Thanks in advance!

SoCal Plumbing Pros

Reaction score
Ken, outdoor tankless water heaters are only vented from the front. You will not find one that vents from the top, only indoor ones will vent from the top.

Aram

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks