Extension ring for ITE EQ Load center

Users who are viewing this thread

nodsirrah

Reaction score
The load center in my home is in the laundry on an outside wall, unfortunately it is mounted between 2 x 4 studs on 16" centers and the cover is flush to the finished sheetrock.
I just ordered a 4000 Watt LP fed generator which I will connect to the load center through a manual Transfer switch which would be handy to mount adjacent to the load center. To simplify matters it would be nice if I could get an extension to add to the face of the load center so I could close nipple it in the side to the Transfer switch.
I googled power panel extension ring and everything I could think of and came up with nothing!
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Don

Reach4

Reaction score
I would plan to cut drywall. Do your work, and repair the drywall.

Maybe you could cut a hole, and insert a piece of pre-bent EMT with a threaded connector through the hole to a knockout in the breaker box. Outside the wall could be a junction box, or a pull elbow, connected to your new box.

Last edited:

nodsirrah

Reaction score
I would plan to cut drywall. Do your work, and repair the drywall.

Maybe you could cut a hole, and insert a piece of pre-bent EMT with a threaded connector through the hole to a knockout in the breaker box. Outside the wall could be a junction box, or a pull elbow, connected to your new box.

After a lot of Googling I found a cheaper solution to the dilemma, I can put a Interlock kit ($70.00) on the main panel and not have to run any new wiring, well, except for the generator feed. My main 200 amp panel is outside, 20 feet from the generator, and it just happens to have space for a DP 30 amp breaker. Much cheaper and less work than the Transfer Switch!
Thanks for your good suggestion.

Don

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks