Extending sprinkler line to deck cutout

Users who are viewing this thread

A12548

Reaction score
I had a pool removed and backfilled from within a 4' cmu block retaining wall. We are putting in pavers with a nice long 15' x 4' cutout which we intend to keep plants and trees (screen enclosure friendly). My quagmire is, obviously I need this irrigated, hand watering if I must, but if I want to extend my ground level sprinkler line onto the raised cmu block wall, how can that be done. I wouldn't think drill a hole through a retaining wall would ever be a good idea. A soaker hose from my spigot 25 ft away would also pose an issue since I will have a screen enclosure.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Really not sure what you're asking or explaining. A picture will help. I suspecting that this 4x15 patched is in the location of the old pool area. Your pool had pipe running into it and the returns were only about 8" below the water line. If these are still in the ground you can use them to run a hose, smaller pipe or use them. If they are torn out, the footing for the pool enclosure is no more than 12" deep, probably less if it was an old install. Dig down about a foot and use the length of pvc pipe attached to a garden hose to drill to the other side. This is assuming that the concrete wall of the pool were removed.

A12548

Reaction score
I attached a photo and yes its quite a mess so far, pool was excavated out and all pool lines went with it. Next is, repair cmu blocks, install pavers with cutout, and screen enclosure will follow. But you mentioned getting pipe under the footing, well the arrows show where the footing and block were removed to gain access for the demo crew, so its as easy as dropping a pipe before the new footer is poured? There would be a total elevation from that point to the actual heads of about 3 feet which shouldn't be a problem? Still not sure if a soaker hose or sprinkler set up is more commonly used on
paver deck cut outs, but thanks for your help!
deck4.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You’re up there for sure. Go with the drip irrigation or pop up with MP rotors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks