Extending Sewer Line for Toilet - Plumbing Configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregj107

Reaction score
I am moving the toilet in my bathroom to an opposite wall and will need to extend the 3" sewer line about 9ft. The original toilet is at the end of the sewer line which will be removed. I would then use a 90 degree long sweep to connect the two sewer lines. I am using the UPC code.

In the diagram below does the plumbing look correct for the toilet? Also does the 2" vent line for the toilet need to go straight up to the attic or can it have a 90 degree in it? I do have a 1.5" vanity vent line about five feet from the toilet, wondering if I could change it to a 2" and have the toilet vent line connect into it instead running a separate vent line?

I appreciate the help as don't have any plumber close to where I live.

gregj107-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The vanity if run with 2" could wet vent the toilet.
Also the two vents can combine at 42" or higher.

gregj107-01.jpg

Vertical to horizontal should be wyes and combo fittings.

index.php

Last edited:

Gregj107

Reaction score
Should the sanitary T in the picture for the vent pipe also be a wye combo? Last are these pictures of a combo and a wye/combo? Thank you

611942034642.jpg
611942035625.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
A WC is the rare fixture where the vent takeoff could be a combo in that orientation. But a sanitary tee is fine and a combo has no advantage.

For any non-siphoning trapped fixture, for a vent takeoff while the drain turns down, a sanitary tee is mandatory and a combo is prohibited.

Cheers, Wayne

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A toilet can go horizontally into a santee or a wye fitting but not vertical into a santee on it's back. The pop spreads out both directions. It needs a fitting that directs it downstream.

dwv_b2.jpg

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
FWIW, I interpreted the last question to be about the upper 3" san-tee where the vent comes off. As Terry says, the lower 3" san-tee in the drawing needs to be a combo.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks