Exposed copper water supply line behind kitchen cabinets

Users who are viewing this thread

Yenohamer123

Reaction score
Dear friends, doing a kitchen remodel - noticed that the external water bib / spigot does a horse shoe from the wall supply line out of the wall and then back through the wall to accomodate a Arrowhead air gap water spigot which shares the kitchen wall - which is like 10 " log as we all know.
This horseshoe is under, and at the bottom rear of a kitchen cabinet.

QUESTION: Would also like to run a pot filler supply line - can I run this partially under the kitchen cabinet also - was going to tee off that other exposed water supply line which I referred to as a horshoe and basically run along the floor, and back into wall at a place that doesnt unduly interfere with drain, Johnson Tee ( concerned about weakening vetical studs by drilling too many holes )

Reason I do not want to run it under house - very difficult because of prior floor repair which has really boxed in water lines and tons of insulation ( IE mess to take it all apart even if I chased it back to a more accomodating source like the refrigerator supply on another wall )

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The more changes of direction you have, the 'effective' length of the run increases, which also increases the friction which will lower the dynamic pressure. The amount can be calculated. The Copper Institute's handbook, available free online can help you do that, but yes, the water will flow by running it nearly any way you want. It probably won't drop the pressure enough for you to notice, but it will be measurable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks