Exercise room subfloor

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinny186

Reaction score
I'm helping a friend with a basement exercise room. At one point there was a 9x4 resistance pool but it's been removed. The concrete curb you see in the pic is about 1/4" higher than the rest of the floor so it has to be accounted for with any subfloor we choose. I plan to first frame out the hole level with the rest of the floor or 1/4" below the concrete curb. There will be 2 treadmills, an exercise machine with a weight stack and a rack of dumbbells on top of this floor.

We see three subfloor options:
1. Dimpled subfloor (5/16") with 3/4 tng osb on top and rigid vinyl flooring planks
2. 1/2" Foam board with 3/4 tng osb on top
3. Floor leveler with vinyl floor planks installed directly on top

I'm concerned about the weight with the foam board and dimpled floor. I figure I can notch out the foam board where it passes over the curb or flatten the dimples.

Attachments

• swimhole.jpg
    swimhole.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 125
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks