Exceeded 30gpg on 5b test

Users who are viewing this thread

Trepidation

Broken Robot
Reaction score
Howdy,

Ran my 5b test, results were severe and exceeded the range of the test. Is this something that can be dialed in after I treat the water by re-testing or should I just look for a lab to test?

I'm mostly looking to get to a state where the water doesn't adversely affect the water heater I am planning to install as well as any new fixtures. I do plan to follow up with more things to improve the quality of drinking water, but baby steps here.

Bannerman

Reaction score
The 5B maybe used for hardness that exceeds 30 GPG, but will require a substantial quantity of hardness indicator. To reduce the amount of indicator required, test one part well water and 1 part distilled. Take the number of drops to turn blue, and multiply by 2.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks