Evolution Bathtub fitting, What specifically am I looking for here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Duranie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a house with a deep jetted tub. The home inspector noted that the overflow cover is missing, butsaid “no worries... just buy one & replace it. Few bucks. Easy-peasy”.

Yeah, well, not so easy or peasy. :oops:
Home Depot said they’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve been searching every combination of terms I can think of and haven’t found anything online that looks like it either.

So I’m hoping the gurus here can point me in the right direction. Does it have a special name? Is it called something specific? What in the name of Zeus am I looking for?
I’m even willing to replace the whole assembly, but I can’t find one that spans three holes??

upload_2021-3-12_15-50-2.jpeg

Please help— I just want to fix my new tub!
If I’d realized how frustrating it would be to find the part, I would’ve included it in the “seller must fix” list... I didn’t want to be petty, though... so I figured why ask for such a simple low $$ item? :rolleyes:

Thanks...

Duranie

Reaction score
I just realized I probably should’ve put this in the “Shower & Bathtub” sub-forum.

Moderators, please feel free to move it, if it would indeed be better there.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The opening for the overflow is that round cover in the tub’s vertical surface. It looks like those three holes are for a tub mounted valve and spout that may have had a cover on it to block those holes off.

Is there actually a drain connection beneath those three holes?

Most tubs of that sort have an access panel...you may need to remove that and see what’s actually underneath.

Duranie

Reaction score
OMG, you’re right... I didn’t see that in the picture. I was just going off what the home inspector told me, that it was the overflow. Funny, the photo above had to be cropped to fit into the message. The original showed much more of the tub and spigot, and still the plumbing guys at Home Depot, Lowe’s & Ace hardware... not one of them noticed it wasn’t the overflow. Go figure.

We just took possession of the house. I’d been trying to find the things I needed for repairs, so I’d be ready to go just as soon as we closed. This was making me nuts though, with not being able to find it.
I think the access panel is at the opposite end in a little half-wall, so I don’t think I’ll be able to tell anything from there. But I can shine a light down in there, or if need be I’ve got a little tiny camera that can be dropped into a little space like this so I can definitely make sure there’s no pipe there. Knowing it’s likely just unused faucet holes, I’m sure I can find something to cover that.

Thank you!! Heaven only knows how long I’d have been searching if I hadn’t found this forum! You guys are awesome! I’m sure I’ll probably be back with other questions. Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are some generic cover plates that you might use to cover those holes. Worst case, you end up with three chrome disks, one on each hole.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks different then faucet holes . I've never seen a tub come drilled like that and not install a faucet plus its only a 4 inch spread mobile home?

PlumbNuts

SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
riverviewplumbingrepair.com
It is odd to me that the overflow plate mentioned above is actually solid and thereby rendered useless?

I know you said "tub and spigot" but do you see a tub SPOUT? is it possible that is the connection for a "waterfall spout" that is missing?
Could you maybe take a couple more pictures and post them?
Were you able to find an access panel and look inside to see what is connected to that area?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
American Standard Evolution Deep Soak tub. It's been a few years, but I did see one in Bothell

as-evolution-deep-soak-tub.jpg

The overflow cover is made for the top of the tub.

deep-soak-tub-drain.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks