Estate 2 float level

Users who are viewing this thread

ddh

Reaction score
I have a Estate 2 that was bought in Feb 1999 and I don't know where
to set the float level. It will recharge about every five days.
It is set at 500 gallons for 12 pounds of salt for a 10 minute rinse cycle.
There are just my wife and I (73 & 71) that use the softer and our soap
lathers up very well so I think we have very soft water. I have checked it with the
water softer strips and it always shows soft.
But my question is where should the float be set.
Thank you very much for all of your help.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not familiar with your softener, but I found the manual:
http://eculligan.com/service-manuals/estate.PDF

It appears that the controller determines the water fill, as with most softeners. So the float's job is to keep water/brine from overflowing in case something goes wrong. You would set the float to a level higher than what the softener refills to but low enough to keep brine from coming out of the tubing penetration if the brine rises abnormally.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Unless your water is excessively hard, regenerating every 500 gallons while using 12 lbs of salt, does not appear to be proper.

If you are receptive, state your water hardness amount, the water type (private well or municipal) and the current settings programmed on the softener. We can then review that info and then suggest alternate settings to increase efficiency and reduce your salt consumption.

As the Estate 2 appears to have been offered in 3 sizes, we will also need to know the size of your softener, either 0.75 cuft (24K grains), 1 cuft (32K grains) or 1.5 cuft (48K grains). If you aren't sure of the size, measure the diameter and height of the media tank.

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Culligan likes to put the rapid rinse and the brine refill into the same step of the cycle.. the float setting is more important because it is going to act as the stop for filling the salt tank.
I have found one the culligan manuals that I have that has the chart for setting the float assembly.
Drop a pm with the email and I can send it to you for setting the float.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks