Enzyme Cleaner for Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
When I replaced a toilet awhile back....noticed there was ~stuff~ right off the bend of the CI flange.
Want to give some enzymes a shot...

Just short of pulling the toilet up and spraying it down with the enzyme cleaners.....

Any ideas on how you would approach this.
I think by mixing up some enzymes and then pouring enough water to get it past the toilet trap....it might be wasting the product as a majority just might flush on down...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's probably not worth the effort. IF there's a big buildup, then a snake with the proper cutting head can ream the pipe out to nearly as good as new. The cleaners would mostly just flush down the drain and not be able to do much of anything.

Reach4

Reaction score
When I replaced a toilet awhile back....noticed there was ~stuff~ right off the bend of the CI flange.
Want to give some enzymes a shot...

Just short of pulling the toilet up and spraying it down with the enzyme cleaners.....

Any ideas on how you would approach this.
I think by mixing up some enzymes and then pouring enough water to get it past the toilet trap....it might be wasting the product as a majority just might flush on down...
How about creating a drip into the toilet bowel. When you will be not using that toilet for a long while, take a big container, small hole. Mix up the solution. Drip. Drip....

Wallijonn

Reaction score
What "stuff" off the Closet flange? Above the flange or below it?

I'd probably chalk it off (pun intended) to an ill fitting wax ring, or a wax ring that is too short.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks